Get Up Close And Personal With Follow Along @Instagram
My name is Tamara (rhymes with camera), the girl behind the lens at Poppy Photography. Some people even call me “Poppy,” which makes me smile! So where did the name Poppy come from, you ask? Well, it’s kind of a play on my last name. You see, (quick story) I met my husband nineteen years ago. We met, fell in love, blah, blah, blah, but I was cautious as I really liked my maiden name and vowed that I’d never marry him because I didn't like his last name. This was around the time Lorena Bobbit hacked off her husband's… well, you know, and my husband was teased because his first name was also Jon. (Some of you reading this are like, "Who is Lorena Bobbitt?" You're gonna have to google that business to find out!) Another reason I vowed we would not marry is that his mom is a twin and I could not even imagine, fathom, or comprehend the notion of having twins myself.
Okay, I know by now you are dying to know what his last name is, what my maiden name is, and if we have twins!!! Skip ahead eighteen years, and I’m married to a Poppitt, my sister married a Moffat (I know, weird, right?); I have precocious, sweet and silly eleven-year-old twin boys whose names are Harrison (my maiden name) and Hudson. We also have an thirteen-year-old daughter named Lauren, who is growing up way too fast. She is smart, sweet, creative, and has her daddy wrapped around her little finger. I can't forget to include our four-legged family member, Georgia, an old English sheepdog. It is all because of them that I love photography. I don't know of a greater pleasure than capturing a moment in our life together and looking back over it fondly. That is what photography is to me—it tells our story. It is a visual reminder of moments, of times that we quickly forget. Just the other night we were unpacking from moving and my daughter found her baby book, but there was only one entry in it. Luckily, though I wasn't the greatest at filling in the blanks, I still have those memories captured on film to tell her the story through photographs, if not words.
- I like butter tarts without the raisins
- Eggs Benedict without the eggs
- I could eat avocados, hot sauce + bleu cheese with everything
- Sweet or salty? sweet every single time
- I feel dessert should be offered with every meal including breakfast. Who is with me?
- Red wine in the winter, white in the summer, ok truth? Whatever wine is available:)
- Most famously known for my chocolate chip cookies, just ask my dad
- Lately I am preferring tea to coffee
- I recently started running...using the couch to 5k...turns out I kinda like it. (to help burn off the food addiction)...Update...I have ditch the running gig! Update update...back to the running gig. Slowly but surely....update...taking a break from running...may try cycling.
- What are your feelings towards cinnamon buns? This could be a deal breaker for me.
- Favourite thing to do is go out for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I heart food...and good food.
- Do you see the common thread?...the most interesting tidbits about me revolve around food. Weird!
These photographs melt my heart, they make me so happy, and they bring tears of joy. I only wish that I had moments like these captured with my Mom.